Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update and WMRBJ Challenge!

Greetings, Would-Be Fans and Supporters! ( ;) )

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, and I apologize. I'm still learning how to keep my blog updated and interesting.

So, the only reason Jagumaterra:A Science-Fiction Parable isn't out yet is that my cover artist, the lovely and gifted Audrey Hatch (yes, the daughter of my brilliant mentor and author of The Stranger She Married, Donna Hatch), is in college and has no Internet access to send me the updated version of the cover that we feel so certain will be the final draft.

Perhaps some of you know, but I could have never guessed what work went into getting the cover finished and ready! It's insane! Thank you for your patience. I will try to keep you updated as much as I can.

I am currently taking a break from writing, since I need to do a self-re-evaluation and actually become the characters I'm writing about. I don't want to stand on the soap-box as a hypocrite and not-very-leadership-oriented-author. You deserve better than that. Of course, we are all constantly learning and growing and progressing (or, at least, I hope we are), but I want to at least get to the point my characters are at right now and inspire, not just imagine what it would be like, to become a leader.

Okay, here's the challenge to all those who read this post. . .I would like to share this journey of discovery with all of you! Right now I am reading No One Can Take Your Place by Sheri Dew. But it isn't just a see-how-fast-you-can-turn-the-page dime-store novel. Oh no. I am delving into every scripture and reference, always looking for the answer to these questions: Why is this here? What is it trying to teach me? How can I apply this to my life and become a better person?

I challenge you to join me on this pathway of self-discovery! Keep me updated on your own journey! I will share with you what I discovered here on the blog. Those whose stories are truly inspirational will see their e-mails posted here on the blog! So don't hesitate! This journey is worth everything you put into it! (I know it sounds like I'm trying to sell you something, but you've really got to try this!)

E-mail me! I'm ready to hear from you! writingmiracles@gmail.com

You are all wonderful! I love each and every one of you!

Yours Faithfully,
Regan Brianne Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment